Tuesday, April 24, 2007

You Can't Fix Stupid

Ron White said that, "you can't fix stupid." He's a comedian. He's also my hero. I swear, if I could stand on stage telling jokes, drinking scotch, and smoking cigars, I'd be in heaven. He's also extremely smart, in my opinion, because he had the ability to recognize that some stupid people are just going to stay stupid.

I had to tell you that to set up the next story.

I was leaving class today, and outside Bachelor hall is a horrible intersection. Spring Street intersects with Patterson Avenue and there's always a traffic back-up or two. Today, though, the light was green and the crosswalk sign told me I could cross. But here's the deal, a red Mercedes Benz, a nice one, was already halfway through the intersection. So, being the gentleman I am, I waited for them to cross. They stop, and the two bleached-out blondes stare at me, as if they're wondering why I'm not walking in front of their car (I don't have a death wish, that's why). I wave them ahead with a smile and stand there. They continue to stare at me. At this point I am wondering how they got into Miami if they can't understand a simple direction. Honestly, I'm a guy, the two girls in the car were hot, and they were driving a Mercedes, of course I'm going to let them go ahead. Long story short they just stared at me so I crossed the street and just shook my head. Not to be a chauvinist or anything, but girls like that should not be allowed behind the wheel of a freaking Mercedes SLK. That car probably costs more than my tuition, for all four years.

Anyway, that's extent of the excitement for me today, I hope.

No comments: